Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Say a prayer for Coffee on Friday.


This is Coffee, The Prettiest Cat Ever. I adopted her in Dec. 07 from the Ottawa Humane Society. She is a real suck and Daddy's girl, and gives me a million laughs.
On Friday, I have to take her to the vet's for her annual check-up. She turns into a starfish when I try to put her in her carrier (it's like a sports bag with mesh sides), and freaks out in the car. Good thing the vet is less than a two-minute drive away. She also freaks out in the vet's office, and becomes very clingy.
Whenever I go away, someone comes over every day or two to make sure she's properly fed and watered, and even spend a bit of time with her. But when I come home, she's super needy for about a week. She also has a way of showing how unimpressed she is that I actually had the audacity to leave her. It usually involves pooping on the carpet at the bottom of the basement stairs.
Other than that, she's a treat to have around.

3 comments:

  1. She is a survivor like her Daddy ...she will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We survived. Yes, she freaked out and yes, we had to play a game of "fish the kitty out from behind the filing cabinet", but as soon as we got home, she breathed a big sigh of relief and went back to being her old self.
    I do, however, have a big scratch on my belly where she dug in her back claws while we were at the vet's office -- before the vet assistant clipped the claws, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coffee is such a cute cat. I'm happy to hear she (and you) survived!

    ReplyDelete